Re: UDRC-II squelch on the Yaesu FT-897D

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

Hi Bryan,
On 17/11/16 07:46, Bryan Hoyer wrote:
Stuart, have you made any progress on this problem?

I’d like to understand what’s going on and help get this resolved.
I had a look this morning and was able to tack on a small resistor to
that pin of the Mini-DIN6 jack and find a +3.3V source to power it with.

That seems to have resolved the issue. At first with the Pi powered
down, the problem remained, but it disappeared the moment I applied
power, indicating the pull-up was indeed doing the job intended.

https://stuartl.longlandclan.id.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/udrc-mod-720x540.jpg
is the modification made.

I'm not sure if it perhaps should use a diode to ensure the radio
doesn't accidentally try feeding +12V into the +3.3V line via this
resistor, but for now, it's working.

Many thanks.
Regards,
--