Re: sox?

Basil Gunn

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 12:28:32 -0800
"John D Hays - K7VE" <@john_hays> wrote:

Hopefully Basil (the author of the script) will chime in.
I understand the argument parsing problem & will have a fix this
morining. You should probably take the code off the wiki & we'll use
github.

Try running it with sudo

sudo ./measure_deviate.sh 1000 -
You shouldn't have to run this program as root. Add your login user to
groups gpio & audio

Also you need to stop direwolf or whatever sound modem software you
are using.

/Basil

Also, if you have any other sound devices, including the built-in one
for the Raspberry Pi, the script may not be trying to talk to the UDRC

In the script, it is looking for plughw:1,0

#aplay -vv -D hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 $wavefile
aplay -vv -D *"plughw:1,0"* $wavefile

Look at the results of *aplay -L* to see the various soundcards your
alsa system knows about. You may need to adjust the arguments above
to get to the right card.

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 12:06 PM, <ab9ca@...> wrote:

OK, looks like sox installed.

Now when I run meaure_deviate.sh I get:

pi@compass:~ $ ./measure_deviate.sh 1000 -
Found existing wav file: 2200hzsin.wav
If using devcal from Svxlink make sure devcal line has -f2200
Using PTT GPIO 23 with tone of 2200 Hz
ALSA lib pcm_hw.c:1667:(_snd_pcm_hw_open) Invalid value for card
aplay: main:722: audio open error: No such file or directory
Is carrier turned off?
pi@compass:~ $

Still does not run.

And it looks like it is ignoring the option to set the tone to 1000
hz rather than 2200.

73, dave
ab9ca/4

_