No output on UDRC-II

ml000-0013@...

  Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new UDRC-II.  After installing/updating the Compass linux image and UDRC scripts yesterday, I configured Direwolf but was unable to transmit or decode any packets (wiki directions closely followed).  I played with the alsamixer settings a good deal, read over the wiki/group messages.  I tried generating tones with measure_deviate.sh (sorted out the aplay device name) and speaker-test without success.  Below are the details of my  environment, and all software versions were downloaded yesterday:

  - Raspberry Pi 2 (a21041)
  - Compass Linux from 2016-05-23-compass-lite.img; apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
  - set-udrc-din6-sh and measure_deviate.sh downloaded yesterday.
  - Included mini DIN-6 cable (continuity tested) to a Kenwood TM-D71A disconnected from a working TNC.

PTT triggering seems to work fine, but I just get carrier over the radio.  At a loss for what to do, I connected my oscilloscope to the DIN-6 using the bottom 2 pins (I believe labeled 1 & 2).  With no modulation, I see a slight 60Hz ripple to be expected of any AC device (channel A):

When I turn on a 1200Hz modulation (either measure_deviate.sh or speaker-test) the software appears to open the sound device and the ripple is grounded out, but there is no modulation.  LO Drive has no impact (channel A):

Similar results were found from the HD-15 connector, albeit at a much different scale.  I used the two right most pins from the center row on the HD-15.  The unmodulated shows a very loud 60Hz hum.  I assume this is due to different resistor settings in the chip:

And with 1200Hz modulation, the 60Hz ripple gets stepped on but not eliminated:

  Any suggestions?  I'm at a loss for what to do next.  Below are the settings from alsamixer; these are the defaults from the set-udrc-din6.sh script since I've found no setting that changes the behavior:

root@hammy:~# ./set-udrc-din6.sh
Simple mixer control 'ADC Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 64
  Front Left: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
  Front Right: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'LO Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 175
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'Mic PGA',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'PGA Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 95
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Right Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Left Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Attack Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Decay Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Gain Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Max PGA',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 127
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Threshold',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Signal Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 15
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Target Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 7
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Left',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Right',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer IN1_L',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer IN1_R',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'LO DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [on]
  Front Right: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
root@hammy:~# alsactl store