Re: No output on UDRC-II

Paul Johnson

I don't have a UDRC-II but using a UDRC-I on a Pi2 the following
works using the mini-din connector.

Start alsamixer and check the following settings:

PCM=20/20
ADC Leve=19/19
CM_L to = 10 Kohm
CM_R to = 10 Kohm
IN1_L to = 10 Kohm
IN1_R to = 10 Kohm
LO DAC = 00
LO Drive = 9/9
LOL OutP = 00
LOR OutP = 00

When you key the radio you should hear a tone using another radio
as a monitor doing the following:

speaker-test -Dplughw:udrc -c2 -f1200 -tsine -l0

This gives a looping on/off 1200 HZ tone

Hope this helps

Paul VE7DHM

On Sat, 2016-11-26 at 11:41 -0800, ml000-0013@... wrote:
Hi,

I'm having a bit of trouble with my new UDRC-II. After
installing/updating the Compass linux image and UDRC scripts
yesterday, I configured Direwolf but was unable to transmit or decode
any packets (wiki directions closely followed). I played with the
alsamixer settings a good deal, read over the wiki/group messages. I
tried generating tones with measure_deviate.sh (sorted out the aplay
device name) and speaker-test without success. Below are the details
of my environment, and all software versions were downloaded
yesterday:

- Raspberry Pi 2 (a21041)
- Compass Linux from 2016-05-23-compass-lite.img; apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
- set-udrc-din6-sh and measure_deviate.sh downloaded yesterday.
- Included mini DIN-6 cable (continuity tested) to a Kenwood TM-D71A disconnected from a working TNC.

PTT triggering seems to work fine, but I just get carrier over the
radio. At a loss for what to do, I connected my oscilloscope to the
DIN-6 using the bottom 2 pins (I believe labeled 1 & 2). With no
modulation, I see a slight 60Hz ripple to be expected of any AC device
(channel A):

When I turn on a 1200Hz modulation (either measure_deviate.sh or
speaker-test) the software appears to open the sound device and the
ripple is grounded out, but there is no modulation. LO Drive has no
impact (channel A):

Similar results were found from the HD-15 connector, albeit at a much
different scale. I used the two right most pins from the center row
on the HD-15. The unmodulated shows a very loud 60Hz hum. I assume
this is due to different resistor settings in the chip:

And with 1200Hz modulation, the 60Hz ripple gets stepped on but not
eliminated:

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss for what to do next. Below are the
settings from alsamixer; these are the defaults from the
set-udrc-din6.sh script since I've found no setting that changes the
behavior:

root@hammy:~# ./set-udrc-din6.sh
Simple mixer control 'ADC Level',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 64
Front Left: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
Front Right: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'LO Driver Gain',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 35
Front Left: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
Front Right: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
Capabilities: pvolume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: Playback 0 - 175
Mono:
Front Left: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
Front Right: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
Capabilities: enum
Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'Mic PGA',0
Capabilities: pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Mono:
Front Left: Playback [off]
Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'PGA Level',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 95
Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Right Mute',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Left Mute',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Attack Time',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 31
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Decay Time',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 31
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Gain Hysteresis',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 3
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Hysteresis',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 3
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Max PGA',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 127
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Debounce',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 31
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Threshold',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 31
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Signal Debounce',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 15
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Target Level',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 7
Front Left: 0 [0%]
Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Left',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Right',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Mono:
Front Left: Playback [off]
Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP Driver Gain',0
Capabilities: volume
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
Limits: 0 - 35
Front Left: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
Front Right: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer IN1_L',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer IN1_R',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'LO DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch
Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
Mono:
Front Left: Playback [on]
Front Right: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
Playback channels: Mono
Mono: Playback [on]
root@hammy:~# alsactl store