Re: minicom->pilinbpq->direwold->udrc-II, getting decodes but no transmit.

udrc@...

OK, so I am wondering in the dfault config, how does direwolf know which port (15 Pin or 6din) to use for that KISS port 8001 it sets up, and what if it's trying to use the 15 Pin? So I restored my Virtual Soundcard setup according to the docs (minus the typo in ADEVICE, there is an extra character there) and rebooted. Started direwolf with:

ADEVICE din6
ACHANNELS 1
CHANNEL 0
MODEM 1200
MYCALL UN1X-3
PTT GPIO 23
KISSPORT 8001

and then started pilinbpq with:

SIMPLE
LOCATOR=NONE
NODECALL=N7CKY-4
TNCPORT
    COMPORT=/tmp/com1
    TYPE=TNC2
    APPNUM=32
    APPFLAGS=6
ENDPORT
PORT
    ID=NICKS TNC
    TYPE=ASYNC
    PROTOCOL=KISS
    IPADDR=127.0.0.1
    TCPPORT=8001
    CHANNEL=A
    MAXFRAME=2
    FRACK=7000
    RESPTIME=1000
    RETRIES=10
    PACLEN=128
    TXDELAY=500
    SLOTTIME=100
    PERSIST=64
ENDPORT

And then attached minicom to the TNC2 port /tmp/com1 with:

minicom -D /tmp/com1 -b 1200

And got my CMD: prompt again, but this time it connects just fine to my local BBS, PTT works! :-D That's two way traffic!! That makes me happy, and gives me confidence that the card is working, and that my other issues might be resolvable by finding the magic settings.

So for this issue, when I am in standard UDRC mode and not Virtual Soundcard mode, what might have been the issue with PTT? It was set for the same pin. <shrug>

Nick