Re: Where did the modulation go . . .

If you are setting up a hotspot -- follow the directions here https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-For-Simplex-Hotspots-and-Converted-Analog-Repeaters#Install-Compass-Linux

Follow the instructions, including the installation of Compass Linux, step by step and exactly -- (except only install the applications listed for dstarrepeater and ircddbgateway, not direwolf or xastir, etc.)

On Mon, Dec 5, 2016 at 11:36 AM, <ab9ca@...> wrote:

John,

 > The wired/wireless is not at all related to whether dstarrepeaterd is
 > working.

I do not doubt that whatever connection exists between logging onto
the wireless and killing the UDRC is tenuous, but, rest assured, there
is a connection. That is what happened. There is definitely a
connection in there somewhere. It may be inadvertent, perhaps some
script seizes pin 7 although it does not need to. But there is a
connection.

Fine on the restart, but . . . .

What do I need to do to delete or supersede the image now on the RPi?
As I mentioned in a previous post, I picked this up after another
fellow had done all of the early work. So I don't know what he did.
And I don't know how to undo it. I don't know which files are stored
where nor how they were created. How do I wipe the slate clean?

I tried downloading a new copy of dstarrepeaterd. But all it did was
come back and tell me I already had the latest version.

The rig is a Yaesu FT-7900 for the hotspot.

73 de dave
ab9ca/4

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223