Re: Can a UDRC RPI hat be used for FreeDV? #udrc-ii #freedv #hf #vhf #uhf

I currently have the the Raspbian Jessie port of FreeDV loaded on a RPi 3 and UDRC-II.  I have not tested it yet to see if the processor can keep up.  The UDRC shows up using ALSA in the configuration menu.  However, native Raspberry Pi GPIO is not available from the configuration menu.  Adding GPIO PTT should be straight forward.

On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 10:07 PM, Stuart Longland VK4MSL <stuartl@...> wrote:
On 15/05/17 14:57, Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH wrote:
> Can a UDRC hat be used for FreeDV?
[…]

It should work.  It is actually on my TODO list to get my little
Raspberry Pi going with FreeDV.

At worst, we might need to tell it how to drive PTT, and that should not
be a hard modification.

PO Box 1223, Edmonds, WA 98020-1223