Re: Can a UDRC RPI hat be used for FreeDV? #udrc-ii #freedv #hf #vhf #uhf

Stuart Longland VK4MSL

On 15/05/17 15:47, John D Hays - K7VE wrote:
I currently have the the Raspbian Jessie port of FreeDV loaded on a RPi
3 and UDRC-II. I have not tested it yet to see if the processor can
keep up. The UDRC shows up using ALSA in the configuration menu.
However, native Raspberry Pi GPIO is not available from the
configuration menu. Adding GPIO PTT should be straight forward.
Indeed. That, or I wonder if we can do something with hamlib, since
FreeDV integrates with that. Anyone know if hamlib supports UDRC PTT?

It is actually on my TODO list to get armhf builds of FreeDV going. I
have managed to coax Debian Jessie armhf into QEMU on an AMD64 host,
this should produce near-enough binaries for Raspbian.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.