Re: Anyone taken the UDRC and connected it to a URI?

Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH

Steve,
I have one node, 46358, up and running on an RPi3 using the Arch Linux distro and the CM1?? based USB dongle I have.  I get audio, but have not modified the dongle for PTT and COR yet.

The other node, 46367, is in the middle of bring-up.  It's an RPI3 running AllStarLink Debian distro - RAT_RC1.  I have yet to get a CM1?? based audio dongle for it and configure it for the node number.

I have a third node, no Allstar node number requested yet.  It's an RPi3 with a UDRC-II board.  It currently has Compass running on it.  It runs FLDigi and Wolfram nicely. I have not installed Asterisk and app_rpt on it yet.  The goal of this node is to be a portable simplex AllStar "hotspot" that would allow me to use in locations that have an Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

--73, Konrad WA4OSH

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
AllStarLink does support both pre-configured images and a method to add to a existing Debian install. Actually there is support for more then the CM1xx based sound devices. This weekend we restarted work on a UDRC based channel driver. I do NOT have a target date. We have been working on a updated channel driver method that will allow more configuration options. If you want to install AllStarLink on a existing Debian install, including the source code, take a look at https://github.com/AllStarLink/DIAL There is a script that will install and compile AllStarLink.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
Best,
Konrad