Re: Anyone taken the UDRC and connected it to a URI?

Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH

Steve,
P.S.   The reason I want to use the UDRC-II is so that I can run other protocols besides AllStar on the same pelican case, mainly Wolfram.

But it's occurred to me that there are many, many uses for a general purpose communications box .. for data and digital voice.  It also occurred to me that there are text to speech programs and virtual digital cables that can "patch" these programs together using the ALSA audio API and I2S interfaces.  This is part of the flexibility that the UDRC has and the AllStarLink has apparently missed altogether.  I think these changes would open up AllStar not only for hams, but for part 90 and 95? users as well.

I look forward to your UDRC based channel driver ... and perhaps an upgraded app_rpt so that it handles the ALSA interface better.  In the meantime I will get my two conventional nodes up and running.   I'm patient.

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Konrad Roeder -- WA4OSH <konrad.roeder@...> wrote:
Steve,
I have one node, 46358, up and running on an RPi3 using the Arch Linux distro and the CM1?? based USB dongle I have.  I get audio, but have not modified the dongle for PTT and COR yet.

The other node, 46367, is in the middle of bring-up.  It's an RPI3 running AllStarLink Debian distro - RAT_RC1.  I have yet to get a CM1?? based audio dongle for it and configure it for the node number.

I have a third node, no Allstar node number requested yet.  It's an RPi3 with a UDRC-II board.  It currently has Compass running on it.  It runs FLDigi and Wolfram nicely. I have not installed Asterisk and app_rpt on it yet.  The goal of this node is to be a portable simplex AllStar "hotspot" that would allow me to use in locations that have an Internet connection via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.

--73, Konrad WA4OSH

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Steve N4IRS <szingman@...> wrote:
AllStarLink does support both pre-configured images and a method to add to a existing Debian install. Actually there is support for more then the CM1xx based sound devices. This weekend we restarted work on a UDRC based channel driver. I do NOT have a target date. We have been working on a updated channel driver method that will allow more configuration options. If you want to install AllStarLink on a existing Debian install, including the source code, take a look at https://github.com/AllStarLink/DIAL There is a script that will install and compile AllStarLink.

73, Steve N4IRS

--
Best,
Konrad