Re: Yaesu DR-2X with UDRC

Randy Neals

Further updated from the Arcom list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:[rc210] **Further update on Yaesu DR2x
Date:Tue, 19 Sep 2017 15:43:42 -0700
From:Ken Arck ken@... [rc210] <rc210@...>
To:rc210@...

Well....after repairing the DR2x (had an internal connector that
wasn't seated all the way), we found other (and bigger) issues.

The bigger problem seems to be the lack of discriminator audio out -
as it turns out, Yaesu changed the firmware so now BOTH RX audio
outputs (discriminator on pin 8 and de-emphasized on pin 9) are now
gated by the DR2x's internal CTCSS/DCS decoder. That is to say that
if you have the repeater set to either CTCSS or DCS, no audio is
delivered externally unless the input signal has the proper
tone/code. This is a huge problem (in the DR1x, audio was available
regardless).

Another issue is that the logic used to select AMS/FM/C4FM on the
back panel DB15 is different than the DR1x, therefore the ADR will
NOT work with the DR2x without changes to the programming of the
ADR's CPU. In fact if one goes by the DR2x manual, it is not even
possible to force the repeater into analog mode at all anymore but we
are experimenting with that. It will do AMS and output what it
receives however (analog > analog, analog > C4FM, C4FM > C4FM)

Back to ye olde drawing board.....

Ken

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
we offer complete repeater packages!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net
"We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"