Re: Yaesu DR-2X with UDRC

It looks like pins 8,9 and 19 plus gnd for  basic interface and you can power udrc and pi off the the 13.8 vdc out. (11)

On Sep 19, 2017 17:40, "Randy Neals" <randy@...> wrote:
It might be helpful/useful for someone on this list to reach out to the the Arcom folks and collaborate re findings. As I don't have a DR2X, I can't speak authoritatively, but I do think some collaboration would help to put coordinated back pressure on Yaesu US to "Get their act together".

I would have expected Yaesu to work with Repeater Controller manufacturers and have Beta Tested the DR2X like they did with the DR1X and SCOM.

They don't have manuals, so we can't determine what the intended mode of operation is for the DR2X. And without knowing how it's supposed to work, we can't really file a bug report - maybe it's intended to work that way.

My own approach...

I'm using Icom FR-5000/FR-6000 commercial repeaters as my amateur repeaters.
I'm currently studying/planning how to interface a UDRC-II using either the DB-25 on the back, or if that lacks the signals I need, the UC FR5000 dPMR/IDAS networking card slot on the back of the repeater.

A really awesome outcome would be a plug-in card that slides into this repeater with a Raspberry Pi and UDRC-II integrated, but that would be challenging to produce in small volume.

eg. Further explanation what I'm talking about.

DB-25 Reference
http://www.nxdnradio.com/images/pdf/Icom/FR5000_DB-25_Acc_Pinouts.pdf

UC FR5000 dPMR/IDAS Ethernet controller card.
http://www.icom.co.jp/world/support/download/manual/pdf/UC-FR5000_dPMR_0.pdf

FR5000/FR6000 Repeater
http://www.icomamerica.com/en/products/systems/IDAS/fr5000_fr6000/default.aspx

Randy, W3RWN

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 5:14 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
ARCOM's notes are showing even more troubling problems with DR-2X interface port.  Hopefully, it will be resolved, but for now it means no UDRC capability (but it applies to any external controller).

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 5:09 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Thanks Randy.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Randy Neals <randy@...> wrote:
This may be helpful to the thread/discussion.

From the Arcom controllers Mailing List.
Randy, W3RWN

-