Re: UDRC II Hotspot connect remotely to Icom Repeater for gateway access #udrc-ii #vhf

Johnny

You can't have access point set to SIMPLEX. It should be set to GATEWAY in the software. The dstarrepeater repeater software will do the swapping of the RPT1 and RPT2, so that the UDRC software would be able to key up the repeater.

On Mar 8, 2018, at 7:50 AM, Lardizabal David D. via Groups.Io <davidlardizabal@...> wrote:

Hi,

My name is David Lardizabal (HQ2DDL), I am located in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.  I have a UDRC II sound card on a RPi 3+.  I have used the set up for a high power hotspot simplex (5 watts), it has worked great with and Icom 7000 and a Yaesu FT 8100R.  This setup has worked on a simplex frequency 147.100, I have received and transmitted with an Icom 4100A and Kenwood TH D74 at a distance of about 20 Km.
The new project is to give gateway acces to DSTAR Icom repeater, because at site their is no internet access.  I have set up the ircddbgateway and a dstarrepeater 3 for this purpose.  The DSTAR Icom repeater is on 146.94 with -DUP of 0.600.  I have been able to get the UDRC II with the RPi 3+ and Icom 7000 to recieve signal from Kenwood TH D74 through the DSTAR Icom repeater  and it wil connect to what ever reflector or unlink just fine.  Once connected I have transmitted to the repeater with TH D74 and it sends signal to NODE/access point/hotspot set up and it will send to connected reflector.
When a transmission is sent from reflector and received,  the UDRC II does not keyup the PTT on the ICOM  7000 to send signal to the DSTAR repeater for broadcasting.  I have looked at all settings, but I can not see/find where or what setting I have missed to make this setup work on the RX part.

Settings on dstarrepeater 3 are:
CALLSIGN TAB:
Callsign HQ2DDL C
Gateway HQ2DDL G
Mode simplex
Ack BER
Restrict Off
RPT1 Validation Off
DTMF Blanking On
Error Reply On
NETWORK TAB:
Gateway Address 127.0.0.1
Gateway Port 20010
Local Adress 127.0.0.1
Local Port 20013
Name UDRC
TIMERS TAB:
Timeout 150 sec
Act Time 200 ms
ANNOUCEMENT TAB:
Disabled
BEACON TAB:
Time 30 min
Message Star  UDRC
Voice Disabled
Language English
MODEM TAB:
Type Sound Card
Configure
Rx Device hw, 0,0 (udrc)
Tx Device hw, 0,0, (urdc)
Rx Inversion On
Tx Inversion Off
Rx Level % 100
Tx Level % 100
Tx Delay 150 ms
Tx Tail 50 ms
CONTROL 1
Disabled
CONTROL 2
Nonething
CONTROLLER
None

I would appreciate any help in the matter.  At the moment I can not see where the error is, I am almost positive it has to do with a setting parameter.

Sincerely,

David Lardizabal
HQ2DDL