Re: Digi-Pi

Bernard f6bvp / ai7bg

Hi Steve,

Being involved into an EME project with a 10m dish radiotelescope antenna in Paris (France), we are considering using a LimeSDR mini TRX available for 139$ + 10$ shipping.

https://www.crowdsupply.com/lime-micro/limesdr-mini

Device is supported by http://www.sdr-radio.com/Radios/LimeSDR

You may browse the web for "Raspberry & LimeSDR" and will be surprised by the number of projects involved from AMSAT to Ham TV.

73 de Bernard, f6bvp

Le 13/04/2018 à 20:22, Steve McGrane a écrit :

Thanks for the list, I'm checking those out now.  That seems to narrow it down to the FT-891 or the IC-706*.  I have a 706MKII here, and everything seems to work but the speaker output (any radio signal speaker output, status beeps are fine)... so it might work with a data cable and some software.

I haven't found an SDR that will transmit yet...

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Bill Vodall <wa7nwp@...> wrote:
> I haven't figured out yet what kind of radio I need

That's a good question and even after all these years that's still the
big problem.   While there are some good'ish radios they are expensive
and which they are is not well defined.

It also depends on what you want to do...   APRS, HF, Higher Speed data...

25 years ago we had the Kantronics D4-10 for 9600 baud to 19200 baud.
It used crystals and was about $1000 is 2018 dollars.

Today we have the Kenwood TH-D710 for $600

Others are around $300.   https://groups.io/g/nwaprs/wiki/Radios-for-Packet

Maybe SDR will be the answer.

73,
Bill, WA7NWP