Re: Is it possible to run voice and packet over the same repeater (DR1X) if running 12.5 khz for each? #udrc-ii

Understood -- it comes down to whether you want a repeater or just a node for packet.  Our experience in the Seattle area is that packet repeaters are really helpful for throughput, by reducing collisions and hidden transmitter issues, but you have to use the hand you are dealt :)

On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM, Austin <mail@...> wrote:
One requirement we have is VHF for voice. Mainly because of the terrain. Would it be better to use a 70 cm radio connected before the duplexer and to the 6 pin mini-din? Our main concern is tower space more so than equipment space.