Compass Cedar Beta Images Posted

Annaliese McDermond

Compass Cedar beta images are now available on http://archive.compasslinux.org/images. These have been lightly tested, but seem to work fine from all of my testing. Please let me know if this is otherwise. This should provide a solution for folks building new systems.

Cedar is based on the latest Raspbian Stretch images and adds the UDRC support to the stock Raspbian kernel using the new udrc-dkms package. You should be able to apt-get update && apt-get upgrade to your hearts content and it shouldn’t screw anything up. Please note that you may need to do an “apt-get install udrc-dkms” if the kernel package gets updated. I have not been able to test this readily yet.

In the near future I will be writing up instructions on the wiki to do the following:

1) Add the Compass repository to a stock Raspbian image and install the UDRC drivers. Please note that this is essentially what we do when creating the stock compass images, so if you’re starting from scratch, I’d consider using our images (plus, for us US centric people, it’s default keyboard layout and localization is for the US, not the UK).

2) Upgrade from an Alder installation to Cedar.

3) Upgrade from a current Wilderness installation to Cedar. Note that this will only be available for a limited time. As wilderness diverges farther, this transition will become more difficult.

Please post any questions or concerns to the Compass groups.io group and I’ll get to them when I can. Please remember that I’m still of working age and do have a day job to put food on the table for my family, so be patient on fixes; I go as fast as I have time for.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems