You are on the wrong distro on both Compass and Rasbian. These are very rough instructions, but should work okay.
1) In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/raspi.list, change the word “jessie” to “stretch” wherever you see it.
2) In /etc/apt/sources.list, change the word “jessie” to “stretch” wherever you see it.
3) In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/compass.list change the word “alder” to “cedar”
4) Remove the file /etc/apt/preferences.d/compass
5) Execute the command “apt-get update”
6) Execute the command “apt-get dist-upgrade”
This should update your older distro to the newest Stretch based image that will have the proper firmware to boot a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Note that I have *not* tested this and that this procedure is from memory.
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)