Re: Pi 3b to 3b+?

Bernard f6bvp

Hi Annaliese,

Following your indications did not make it, as kernel headers version was reported missing for the last kernel 4.14.69.
I had however a success after doing apt-get remove raspberry-kernel-headers then apt autoremove and then apt-get install raspberry-kernel-header
After that apt-get install udrc-dkms successfully built the module for present kernel.
After reboot, udrc module was listed with lsmod and aplay -l could find udrc card.
Many thanks for providing such a convenient way for upgrading udrc module following a kernel change.

Dr Bernard Pidoux, F6BVP
Dimension Parabole
http://radiotelescope-lavillette.fr

Le 20 août 2018 à 04:48, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> a écrit :

You are on the wrong distro on both Compass and Rasbian. These are very rough instructions, but should work okay.

1) In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/raspi.list, change the word “jessie” to “stretch” wherever you see it.
2) In /etc/apt/sources.list, change the word “jessie” to “stretch” wherever you see it.
3) In /etc/apt/sources.list.d/compass.list change the word “alder” to “cedar”
4) Remove the file /etc/apt/preferences.d/compass
5) Execute the command “apt-get update”
6) Execute the command “apt-get dist-upgrade”

This should update your older distro to the newest Stretch based image that will have the proper firmware to boot a Raspberry Pi 3B+. Note that I have *not* tested this and that this procedure is from memory.

--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems