Re: DRAWS to Elecraft KX3

Frank Ivan

Thank you Annaliese.

I have been writing OS’s and device drivers for more years than I like to think about.

You have given me what I think I need and I won’t bug you. I will make anything I get going available in a GitHub repo.

Thanks and 73 Frank - K0FEI

On Oct 19, 2018, at 10:07 PM, Annaliese McDermond <nh6z@...> wrote:

On Oct 19, 2018, at 1:38 AM, Frank Ivan via Groups.Io <k0fei=me.com@groups.io> wrote:
I am going to try to get a NanoPi-M4 to interface to the DRAWS and will post the result along with the cable to the KX3.
The UDRC driver expects to see a bcm2835 i2s device to set up the DAI links. You’ll need to write a new ASoC driver if the I2S device isn’t compatible with the bcm2835 one, which is pretty likely. The UDRC glue driver source is at:

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/linux/blob/udr/mcdermj/sound/soc/bcm/udrc.c

You’ll also need to set up the device tree to link up the correct i2c device to the whole thing and cause it to load. See the UDRC’s device tree

https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/linux/blob/udr/mcdermj/arch/arm/boot/dts/overlays/udrc-overlay.dts

You might also be able to hack up a device tree using the ASoC simple_card driver to glue them both together instead. See the docs at https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/linux/blob/master/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/simple-card.txt.

Note that while sometimes you might get me to opine vaguely about possibilities and where to look, neither I nor NWDR support using the DRAWS/UDRC on anything but a RPi.

Frank K0FEI
--
Annaliese McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems