Re: Pinout for the board #udrc-ii

art upton <artupton@...>

I can verify that the non-refurbed DR1-Xs both 1.0x and 1.10x firmware work with proper d-star audio levels with UDRC-II  with firmware in the past 18 months.

I have been told that the 9600 baud option is not available in the Refurbs as Yeasu does not want folks buying them to use other brand radios on, which is understandable.

Can you verify that the 9600 baud option is turned on in the settings? Follow the setup picture on where to hold the tx frequency on a long press to get the switch each time between 1200 baud and 9600 baud.

Also check the firmware level/dates.

Art K8XG

On Thursday, November 1, 2018, 7:56:04 PM EDT, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

We don't know for sure, but we think that the refurbs are actively trying to block any external modem.

The original should have worked, if the directions were carefully followed (with no internal modifications).

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 4:52 PM Matt Trull <Oxyacetylene@...> wrote:
It is a refurb, but I don't recall the firmware version off the top of my head. We also tried it with the non-refurb DR1X that we have, and had the same TX audio issue. The levels would just never come up where it needed to be. We modded the DR1X, and were able to get proper output using another DVM board (STM32-DVM), so now I was trying to get the UDRC going as well.

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 7:46 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Is the DR-1X a newer referb? What firmware does it have?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 4:40 PM Matt Trull <Oxyacetylene@...> wrote:
I am attempting to make a straight through custom cable that breaks out the PTT and Audio Out lines. I have performed the modification to the DR1-X cable that connects the receiver and transmitter so that I can tap directly into those two lines, bypassing any audio processing in the DR1X. We (club) hooked up the UDRC with the straight through cable you can purchase with it, and it worked fine...except we could never get the audio levels to output a proper D-Star signal. The fix/mod to work around that is to tap directly into the audio line going to the transmitter. I tried making a straight through cable, but the Pi isn't powering up, so I have something crossed somewhere. If you look at the pinout in the UDRC schematic, it looks like the middle row of pins should be shifted to the right.

Thanks,
Matt KX4GG

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 6:47 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
The UDRC/UDRC-II 15-PIN connector is aligned to connect to the DR-1X HD-15 connector using a straight through 15 line cable.  This was created to be a plug to plug connection.  We are not sure that refurbished DR-1X repeaters being resold since the release of the DR-2X have the same pin wiring.

What are you trying to solve?

On Thu, Nov 1, 2018 at 3:39 PM <Oxyacetylene@...> wrote:
I have a question about the pinout shown in the wiring diagram. Is this shown from the rear, or from the front, like you were looking at the connector face? The pin orientation is off from that of the actual DR1-X repeater.