Re: Setting up your DRAWS™ GPS #draws #setup #gpsd #gps

There is no separate GPS driver.  If you are not seeing /dev/ttySC0 then check the last line of /boot/config.txt  and make sure it indicates draws instead of udrc.  If you need to change it, you will need to reboot for it to take effect.

"edit /boot/config.txt and change the last line from dtoverlay=udrc to dtoverlay=draws"  -- from https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/2023

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:03 AM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
Ensure that the device tree and driver have been installed on your Raspberry Pi image.  There should be a filename of /dev/ttySC0, which is the serial port for the GPS receiver and /dev/pps0, which is the pulse per second port from the receiver.

These device files do not exist.

If these files are not visible, then review your operating system (Compass Linux or Raspbian with updates) install.

I am using the latest version of Compass, fully updated.

What is the gps kernel module I should be looking for?

Brian N0KZ