Re: DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

Brian Badger

Perhaps I wasn’t clear.  My problem isn’t the type of power connector, but the fact that it bends the joints when connecting and disconnecting.

My pigtail now has soldered powerpole connectors and a beefy layer of shrink tubing.

On Nov 29, 2018, at 10:50 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 9:00 PM Brian Badger <brian@...> wrote:
The muting is great for packet but once we get fldigi working I’m going to need that RX audio to find signals.  If we can’t do it in software then I’ll have to savage one of these cables to inline a switch.

I find the waterfall on fldigi and wsjt-x work better than my ears for finding signals.

All in all, very happy with draws so far.  The only complaint I have is the power connector.  Hopefully once I get a case built I’ll be able to mount a proper one on it (5mm barrel or powerpole)

The idea of the pigtail is to be able to put whatever you want on the other end.  The 9-15 VDC input to the pigtail is the better way to power the DRAWS Hat and Pi, but they can also be powered off the 5.1 VDC 2.5+ A microUSB port on the Pi.

Brian N0KZ