Re: DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

Hi Art,

The current version of Compass is stretch with a couple of updates and configuration changes.  It is not like the early versions of Compass which required a kernel change. Not all documentation is prepared yet, so there is no page explaining how to add what is needed to stretch - however if you install as stated in https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/message/2023 you will have a stretch install with the addons.

Early adoption is a bit leading edge and thus some details will follow later.  Many folks already have up and running systems.

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 2:53 PM art upton via Groups.Io <artupton=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi John, I don't wish to use Compass when all my other Pis are running Jesse or Stretch. I didn't on my UDRC-II either; instead I followed a guide on setting up the UDRC drivers and verifying them with Aplay on Jesse . Then I used D-star repeater and it all works with my DR-1x.

I should be able to to the same thing with the DRAWS,m ie not using Compass Linux;  but I cannot find the webpage that had those instructions anymore. Was it ported to Groups.IO someplace?  It used to be on the NW website in my faulty memory.

Let me know where my faults in my memory lay , hi hi.  Art