Re: UDRC II, no TX? Other questions

The refurbished DR-1X is suspect. You want discriminator audio out and midulatir in.

On Sat, Dec 1, 2018, 19:22 Matt Trull <Oxyacetylene@... wrote:
I finally had some time to go through the config script and re-ran it. Part of the issue appears to be the custom cable I made along with the DR1X mode I had set in the config file. On my wiring harness I left pin 12 unconnected and the serialConfig=4 so that the repeater would be in fixed FM/FM. With it set up this way the UDRC wasn't "transmitting to." I connected pin 12, set serialConfig=2 and then it would show "transmitting to." My only issue now is that I can't seem to get a proper D-Star signal out of the DR-1X, and maybe that is something to do with it being a refurbished unit. I know there has been discussion of changes made to these units. The output signal looks exactly the same no matter how the audio levels are set, even at max or at zero. Of interest though is that we had an STM32-DVM board working with local RF using the same type of custom wiring harness. This DR-1X has been modified to tap directly into the TX audio line between the receiver and transmitter.  DR-1X firmware version is 1.201 EXP A1. To continue testing I may modify one of our non-refurb DR-1X and see what I get.

Question on the wiring for a custom cable: Pin 7 on the DR-1X is AF in. Since the cable is normally a straight through 1:1 connection, should pin 7 on the UDRC be the AF Output?

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 3:23 PM Matt Trull via Groups.Io <Oxyacetylene=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks all,

I will go back through and rerun the initial setup scripts to be sure everything is set back to defaults and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Matt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 2:15 PM John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
Also, always start with the values in this script https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/UDRC%E2%84%A2-Setup-for-the-Yaesu-DR-1X-Repeater#Basic-Configuration  -- there are additional settings that the script sets that have an affect on input and output.

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:10 AM Matt Trull <Oxyacetylene@...> wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have tried varying PCM, ADC and Lo levels up to the max and the output signal isn't changing. I think the signal I am seeing on my SDR is just carrier or noise. I also emailed you directly so we can compare a few things.

Thanks!
Matt

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 1:58 PM VE3MIC via Groups.Io <ve3mic=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Matt,

On rare occasions (which to this date, I still don't know the cause) my DR-1x TX(PCM) audio level on the UDRC gets reset to zero.
Check yours. In my case, I set both audio levels to 48, If this isn`t it, and would like to compare notes. Drop me an email> ve3mic at rac dot ca.
Inline image