Re: DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

Jack Spitznagel

Brian,

Is this the same issue I see below?

I have had what seems to be a similar issue after using the provided Alsamixer script then trying to use direwolf (and xastir) with both FT 817 and IC 7000 on 144.39MHz. All I hear is a a very very short and slightly noisy key up when direwolf tries to digipeat a packet from my main AGW system on the home workstation. I have played with the transmit audio controls, but nothing brings up the TX audio level.

The Draws setup is receiving flawlessly but is essential “mute”. Xastir sees incoming packets and maps them, but can’t key the system at all. Direwolf key without sound and way to short

If the solution is not in your explanation below, can you point me to where to properly set audio and extend the keyup and keydown times before and after the audio payload. (txdelay and hang time after packet has been TX)?

TNX

Jack - KD4IZ

On Dec 3, 2018, at 19:12, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Hi Art,

Yes I know what the problem is.

DRAWS has an analog mixer in the Front-End to switch between Discriminator on Line-In 1, which is typically used on VHF/UHF Rigs and Audio on Line In 2 which HF Rigs use.

To switch the input in alsamixer set IN1_L to off and IN2_l to 10 kohm
It’s the same for the right channel

Bryan K7UDR

On Dec 3, 2018, at 3:10 PM, art upton via Groups.Io <artupton@...> wrote:

Hi folks, wonder if anyone else ran into this?
Built FlDigi and installed JS8Call. Before I ran the SH script to set DAC levels, I had perfect TX tones on PSK31 and JS8call but no receive audio.
After running the SH script to set DAC levels , I get TX low level background noise only in the transmitted audio;  and still no RX audio into FLdigi or JS8Call.
Have set FlDigi capture and playback to UDRC hw-0,0  and also default to test. Both same results.

This is tested on both my FT-891 and FT-817 in data modes. CAT control was easy as I had set that up before on "other" PI and Tinker Boards before.
Plugging in my Signal Link into the Pi/radio(s) the audio TX/RX is perfect from USB Audio Codec.

Opened Alsa Mixer and moved the UDRC Capture and playback ADC levels, nothing changes at all.
I am using the left 6-pin connector on the Draws board as specified by the board detail pic.  Switched to the right to test to make sure. Used both supplied cables to make sure one was not bad.

Here is the Image and Alsa  details from the download like at the top of the post:
Fldigi Runtime information:
  system         : Linux DRAWS 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l

  libraries      : libsamplerate-0.1.8 (c) 2002-2008 Erik de Castro Lopo
                   libsndfile-1.0.27
                   PortAudio V19.6.0-devel, revision 396fe4b6699ae929d3a685b3ef8a7e97396139a4 1246720
                   Pulseaudio 10.0.0
aplay -L
null
default
sysdefault:CARD=udrc
    udrc,
    Default Audio Device
dmix:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct sample mixing device
dsnoop:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct sample snooping device
hw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Direct hardware device without any conversions
plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0
    udrc,
    Hardware device with all software conversions
aplay -l
card 0: udrc [udrc], device 0: Universal Digital Radio Controller tlv320aic32x4-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
sudo ./setdac.sh
Simple mixer control 'ADC Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 64
  Front Left: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
  Front Right: 20 [31%] [-2.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'LO Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 6 [17%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'PCM',0
  Capabilities: pvolume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: Playback 0 - 175
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: Playback 127 [73%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: '10 kOhm'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor',0
  Capabilities: enum
  Items: 'Off' '10 kOhm' '20 kOhm' '40 kOhm'
  Item0: 'Off'
Simple mixer control 'Mic PGA',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'PGA Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 95
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [0.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Right Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'ADCFGA Left Mute',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Attack Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Decay Time',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Gain Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Hysteresis',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 3
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Max PGA',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 127
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Noise Threshold',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 31
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Signal Debounce',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 15
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Target Level',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 7
  Front Left: 0 [0%]
  Front Right: 0 [0%]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Left',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'AGC Right',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [off]
  Front Right: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HP Driver Gain',0
  Capabilities: volume
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Capture channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Limits: 0 - 35
  Front Left: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
  Front Right: 0 [0%] [-6.00dB]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer R_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPL Output Mixer IN1_L',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'HPR Output Mixer IN1_R',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [off]
Simple mixer control 'LO DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch
  Playback channels: Front Left - Front Right
  Mono:
  Front Left: Playback [on]
  Front Right: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOL Output Mixer L_DAC',0
  Capabilities: pswitch pswitch-joined
  Playback channels: Mono
  Mono: Playback [on]
Simple mixer control 'LOR Output Mixer R_DAC',0

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC