Re: DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

Brian Badger

Just for point of data, I installed direwolf first and fldigi (by source) second according to previous emails and have no issues with any mode or band.

When I first heard the description I thought that my problem getting the mini dins to fully seat could be at fault (always check that) but it also appears that we need a procedure to verify the audio device driver isn’t being held by another process.

Brian N0KZ

On Dec 4, 2018, at 2:57 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

I don't believe so, I installed direwolf first then fldigi.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:
Bryan,

Should we take this observation to mean that installation order might be a factor? Did you install fldigi or direwolf first?

Thanks,
Jack
KD4IZ

On Dec 4, 2018, at 16:21, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Good!

I Have dire wolf and fldigi installed on my reference machine and they both work, one at a time.

On Dec 4, 2018, at 1:19 PM, art upton via Groups.Io <artupton@...> wrote:

Hi Bryan, I think you got something here. Even though I never ran Direwolf, and it was not running in the pid list I did the following:
sudo apt-get remove direwolf

I rebooted and Fldigi works in receive and tx as it should.

Fascinating, "With lifted Spock like eyebrows"

Art

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 10:44:32 AM EST, Bryan Hoyer <bhhoyer@...> wrote:

Is Direwolf running? You can’t run Direwolf and FLDIGI at the same time.

This is a sw issue that we’re working on.

On Dec 4, 2018, at 4:35 AM, art upton via Groups.Io <artupton@...> wrote:

Hi John, while this works for Dierwolf on VHF/UHF radios, the mixer settings are not working on HF radios using FLdigi , WSJT-x, or JS8call.
See my other posts to Bryan on this issue, the work around posted does not work either.

The TX only supplies a low ticking noise , and no RC audio from the HF radio is getting to any of the applications.

Art

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018, 12:35:12 AM EST, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018 at 5:14 PM Joseph Vilardo <jvilardo@...> wrote:
Hi folks

I have DRAWS setup on my RPi 3B+ with Direwolf and YAAC and it is
running smoothly. I want to get FLDIGI to run with DRAWS, what do I have
to do? J

Joe K3JV

J Spitznagel
Science River LLC