Re: DRAWS downloadable Image? #draws #earlyadopters #setup #compassimage

Basil Gunn

Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@frawg.org> writes:

Thanks Basil, I understand that. But direwolf is supposed to send
packets itself and will also digipeat. It trys to do that and keys the
rig, but no sound regardless if Xastir is running. I just want to
figure out why no TX tones. the two TX level adjustments have no
effect.
Can't offer you much. Just for grins I just did a fresh install using my
scripts & these notes for Xastir running on a Rpi/DRAWS combo.
(https://github.com/nwdigitalradio/n7nix/tree/master/xastir)
Worked the first time including sound alerts. I haven't played with the
gps yet. Radio I am using is a Kenwood TM-V71a

I always install ax.25 because things are easier to debug that way and I
treat Direwolf as a sound modem only ie. I do not use Direwolf as a
digipeater or expect it to ever send packets itself.

/Basil n7nix

On Dec 4, 2018, at 18:13, Basil Gunn <basil@pacabunga.com> wrote:

Basically direwolf can key both the FT 817 and the IC 7000, but no
signal, just a very short dead carrier. Xastir is not keying direwolf.
Note that Direwolf numbers the audio channels 0 & 1 and Xastir numbers
them 1 & 2.