Re: fldigi 4.0.18 build failure #fldigi

Steve McGrane <temporarilyoffline@...>

When you run `./configure` it will have some useful output that may/may not tell you what it is that you are missing.  You can run `./configure` as many times as you want to figure out what is missing.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 2:00 PM Roderick Wayne Hart Sr. <rod.hart@...> wrote:

You are probably missing a library. Make sure all of the prerequisite lib files are loaded and recompile after doing a 'make clean'.

On December 8, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Art - KC7SDA <nouse4anick@...> wrote:

currently working with the latest compass distro and trying to build fldigi from the source. its not working and erroring out on me towards the end.

here are the commands I'm running, note i have the source line uncommented so apt will get sources, also $FLDIGICUR is defined in my script file:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep fldigi -y
wget -N https://sourceforge.net/projects/fldigi/files/fldigi/fldigi-$FLDIGICUR.tar.gz
tar -zxvsf fldigi-$FLDIGICUR.tar.gz
cd fldigi-$FLDIGICUR
./configure
make
it compiles the main part of the program (modems, waterfall, widgets, etc), then it errors out on 'fldigi-confdialog.o' module.

anyone else have this problem? any suggestions as to how to fix it?  I'm trying a few other things while I wait for answers, next up will be grabbing .17 and trying that.

73
Art