Re: No Transmit Audio #draws #direwolf #xastir

Jack Spitznagel

In addition – if I use a direwolf.conf for the left port @ 1200 baud and PTT set to GPIO 12, exactly the same as below. PPT is proper timing with no sound. Grrr….

J – KD4IZ

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jack Spitznagel
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 16:26
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] No Transmit Audio #direwolf #draws #Xastir

John, All.

Making some progress – but not there yet with Direwolf.

To troubleshoot the DRAWS board over lunch, compiled fldigi using the UDRCII destructions to see if I could get fldigi to start up properly without a crash after the configuration step. It starts up but lacks a waterfall. I did not stick around to see errors unfortunately. The good news is that it hears and transmits using the DRAWS board, so I have to assume there is nothing wrong with the board right port (port 0). The mixer adjusted the audio levels to those recommended for the IC-7000. I can’t see the waterfall so I can’t zero in on a signal, but decodes “noise” in PSK31 when close to a signal and decoded some CW (but typically in my experience with fldigi, poor copy). Now will assume the sound circuitry is OK.

As I was playing with fldigi, I noticed in those instructions that the right channel PTT was set for GPIO23, not GPIO12? On a hunch, I swapped the GPIO assignments for PTT and de-configured left port as shown below. The rig now keys up for an appropriate length of time for digipeating the beacon of my HT @ 1200 baud… but is still not transmitting audio – not even noise.

SO why this apparent problem with PTT assignment? Still trying to understand the audio issue too.

Jack – KD4IZ

Contents of direwolf.conf (alternate file 3) edits in red.

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

ARATE 48000

ACHANNELS 2

#Port 0

CHANNEL 0

MYCALL KD4IZ-2

MODEM 1200

PTT GPIO 23

#Port 1

CHANNEL 1

MYCALL KD4IZ-3

MODEM 1200

PTT GPIO 12

AGWPORT 8000

KISSPORT 8001

TBEACON delay=1 sendto=0 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 0 1200" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

#TBEACON delay=1 sendto=1 every=10 overlay=S symbol="digi" power=5 height=20 gain=6 comment="DRAWS 1 9600" via=WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1

DIGIPEAT 0 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

#DIGIPEAT 1 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

DIGIPEAT 0 1 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

#DIGIPEAT 1 0 ^WIDE[3-7]-[1-7]$|^TEST$ ^WIDE[12]-[12]$ TRACE

IGSERVER northwest.aprs2.net

#IGLOGIN YOUR INTERNET LOGIN AND PASSCODE FOR APRS REPORTING

IGLOGIN xxxxx #####

TBEACON sendto=IG delay=1 every=60:00 symbol="igate" overlay=R

IGTXLIMIT 6 10

GPSD localhost

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.