Re: Beta Image Available #draws #betaimage

Mike - KB0FX

John & Basil - Thank you very much for the Beta image and the additional information on how to run the script to get Direwolf running. This morning I did a greenfield install of the beta image on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ and everything just worked! So have I have GPS, Chrony and Direwolf working. I am using a Icom IC-2720 on APRS. Hope to try FLDIGI this afternoon. See my screen shots below.

Thanks

Mike - KB0FX

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:01 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

If you want direwolf functionality with the draws hat do this:

cd
cd n7nix/config
sudo su
./app_config.sh core

This will run a script that sets up AX.25, direwolf & systemd

Now reboot your RPi & confirm your installation is working:

Receive
Tune your radio to the 1200 baud APRS frequency: 144.39 because there
should be lots of traffic there.

tail -f /var/log/direwolf/direwolf.log
or
become root & run listen -at in a console window

Transmit
Tune your radio to the 1200 baud APRS frequency: 144.39
cd
cd n7nix/debug
sudo su
./btest.sh -P [udr0|udr1]
This will send either a position beacon or a message beacon
with the -p or -m options.

Using a browser go to: https://aprs.fi/
Under Other Views, click on raw packets
Put your call sign followed by an asterisk in "Originating callsign"
Click search, you should see the beacon you just transmitted.

After that you can configure rmsgw, paclink-unix or someother packet
program that requires direwolf ie.:

./app_config.sh rmsgw
./app_config.sh plu

If you want to run some other program that does NOT use direwolf then do
this:
cd
cd bin
sudo su
./ax25-stop
This will bring down direwolf & all the ax.25 services.

I will put this in a markdown doc file later on today.

/Basil