Re: (longer) DRAWS power cable? #draws #power

Brian Badger

I do not recommend large gauge pigtails.   You don’t want the connectors on the board to be the point of failure.  What we need is a case design that has a securely mounted powerpole or barrel connector.  Then the pigtail won’t matter.

On Dec 15, 2018, at 3:44 PM, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:

Be careful to get the right polarity, to match the pins on the DRAWS board.  We have seen some with the black and red wires switched from what DRAWS is expecting.

We are looking at some options, so don't overdo it on buying a bunch of pigtails.

BTW, pigtails are meant to be just that, a little solder and shrink tubing and connect it to a longer cable with whatever connector you like on the other end.

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 2:15 PM Robert Sears <kf7vop@...> wrote:

Complete assemblies

https://www.adafruit.com/product/261

https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9914

Robert/KF7VOP

On 12/15/2018 09:53 AM, Gayland Gump wrote:
Does anyone have a source for the power pigtails for the DRAWS?  I'll likely need a few as I learn how to put Anderson Power Pole connectors on the non-terminated end of the pigtail.  The one I got with the DRAWS is already getting too short as I fail my way through to having enough experience and technique to achieve success.

Gayland
KG7GCF

Connector is JST XRH Series