Re: APRS digipeater doing fine with compass beta-5 version

Basil Gunn

Hi Bernard,

Thanks for bringing this up. I will fix measure_deviate.sh so that it
uses left & right to describe the connectors without regard to what
connector type they are.

I believe the card name comes from the udrc driver in
/usr/src/udrc-1.0.4 and installed with apt-get install udrc-dkms.
I also believe that driver supports all the NW Digital HATS including
DRAWS that use the tlv320aic32x4 sound codec.

I expect Anna to correct me if I am wrong.

When I grep that driver its name is ".name=udrc" and that's what gets
displayed with aplay -l & used in the direwolf config

ADEVICE plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0 plughw:CARD=udrc,DEV=0

So what you are seeing with udrc is a card or device name that supports
UDRC, UDRC II & DRAWS and that name is unlikely to change as long as the
tlv320aic codec is used by these Hats.

/Basil

Hi,
I downloaded last available compass beta version today and installed it (beta 5).
Just plugged DRAWS hat on RPi 3B+, connected Din6 cable into left din6 plug and YAESU FT-7900 and set APRS frequency.
Starting direwolf -t 0 allowed immediate display of APRS trafic.
After editing direwolf.conf for BEACON to advertize my location and direwolf started digipeating APRS packets.

Some remarks about CARD name and din6 identification labelling:

aplay -l displays harware plugHW: CARD=udrc, DEV=0

Same for direwolf and n7nix/deviation/measure_deviate.sh in the menu and at various places
instead of DRAWS.

measure_deviate uses by default LEFT din6 (audio channel 0) that he advertizes as connector hd15 and PTT gpio 12
Same with option measure_deviate -c hd15
Starting measure_deviate -c din6
activates RIGHT din6 plug (audio channel 1) using PTT gpio 23

Using HD15 may confuse new DRAWS customers for there is no such plug.

Bernard