Re: ntpd not installed on beta 5 #ntp #chrony #ntpd

Bernard f6bvp

Ok. I reinstalled chrony for it had been removed when installing ntp.
This time command
systemctl status chrony
showed that it was started as ntp client/server and
chrony sources command found 6 sources while gps is not activated.

Thanks,

73 de Bernard f6bvp

Le 18 déc. 2018 à 17:20, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> a écrit :

Chrony works without GPS as a client on the Internet.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018, 08:13 Basil Gunn <basil@... wrote:

> I noticed that on my compass beta-5 system the time was not set
> correctly despite I did perform initial country, keyboard
> etc...configuration.  Thus I apt-get installed ntp and after one or
> two minutes the console clock did display local time correctly.

That's true & I need to fix that.

Currently time defaults to using chrony & the gps.  Chrony is another
implementation the Network Time Protocol. You should notice that when
you install ntp, chrony is removed.
I need to look into using chrony without a gps.