Re: ntpd not installed on beta 5 #ntp #chrony #ntpd

I will add that if you go into /etc/chrony/chrony.conf and modify the line for PPS and add prefer to the end, that should give you the most accurate time when the GPS is running.

refclock SHM 2 refid PPS precision 1e-9 poll 3 trust prefer

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:35 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Bernard,

I have been playing around with chrony for a few hours now and I've
convinced myself that chronyd should work fine with or without a gps
antenna connected.

If you look at the output of this command without a GPS antenna:

sudo timedatectl

it should have "Network time on: yes"

I have experienced chrony sometimes taking several minutes to get the
local time correct. I think installing the battery on the DRAWS board
could help that behavior. Let me know if you see other time related
problems.

/Basil