Re: ntpd not installed on beta 5 #ntp #chrony #ntpd

The RTC is part of the GPS and is set by the GPS, make sure your GPS is receiving to get the RTC set, you can use gpsmon or cgps to check the gps.  Then gpsd and chrony need to be running for the system clock updates.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:51 PM Gayland Gump <kg7gcf@...> wrote:
FYI,  I installed a battery before I first powered up the DRAWS but the time did not update even with a network connection and the gps antenna installed.  I ended up setting it manually using the date command.  Haven't been back to it to see if it has held will try to get around to that soon.

Gayland
KG7GCF

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 4:35 PM Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Bernard,

I have been playing around with chrony for a few hours now and I've
convinced myself that chronyd should work fine with or without a gps
antenna connected.

If you look at the output of this command without a GPS antenna:

sudo timedatectl

it should have "Network time on: yes"

I have experienced chrony sometimes taking several minutes to get the
local time correct. I think installing the battery on the DRAWS board
could help that behavior. Let me know if you see other time related
problems.

/Basil