Re: It was "fine", then... strange behavior #draws #setup #betaimage

Jack Spitznagel

Basil,

Thanks for the quick response.

I understand setting of PCM and LO Driver Gain. If I started with PCM at
zero, I could not turn LO Drive down far enough to prevent the IC-7000 doing
the "protect -self" routine and shut down transmit. Had to turn it way down
from there to have the stupid little beast transmit anything particularly a
noisy but decodable PSK31 sig!

Quick follow up with more info. At those drive levels below, direwolf is
still behaving fine - the audio is loud and clean enough that my D74A and a
creaky old AEA PK232 running as a KISS TNC can both handle it.

It is with fldigi direct to sound that is having the noise and modulation
problems? Confusing for me, but might tell you something. I am not aware of
"transmit power" adjust in fldigi like there is in wsjt-x. It might be
something the program is doing? I have used fldigi a bit, but usually in
"winders 10" prefer other digital programs.

Jack