Re: Brief Introduction and Some Generic Information #ft817 #din6 #audio

Bob Orrett <boborrett@...>

I need help.
Firstly let me admit that I am a relative newbie to RPi. I have installed the draws hat and booted up with draws image beta5. Using the supplied cables or any other cable I have I cannot get anything to happen with the on board 6 pin audio ports on the draws hat. I have tried both wsjtx and js8call. I can get both of these programs to work fine with a digital interface from the usb ports on the RPi. My radio is a ft817. It feels like the audio ports need to be activated somehow but I am unable to find any mention of that in the literature. I have connected the output to an oscilloscope and see nothing when I try to transmit. I have tried all the available audio sound card choices in the settings menu for these programs. I think the correct one is plughwCARD=udrc,DEV=0. What am I missing?
Help.
Bob ve3obo