Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

Basil Gunn

Julian,
We feel your angst and are taking steps to fix the problems you are
pointing out. Let me respond to one of your statements.

I've also read through Basils threads about troubleshooting. Most of
those are direwolf ax.25relsted threads
I use direwolf & ax.25 to verify that the hardware & cables are
working. My opinion is that there are more tools to qualify the hardware using
this method than say one of the HF apps. If you have some insight into a
better/easier way to qualify the hardware please let us know.

Regarding documentation, I use github because that takes the least effort
for me to capture things that might be useful. Yes it would be better to
edit that & put it in a wiki. This will happen at some point but I guess
the excuse is we are "resource limited" and responses and releases may
slow down somewhat as we get more involved with the Holiday boogie.