Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

Jack Spitznagel

Brian, Basil, All,

SO this is interesting information. I was using the scripts provided by Basil et al. and trying to get the bigger picture in my head first. I never consciously “set” these values. I will try to figure out how to set these without screwing up.

<soapbox cry for clarity>

This is something that I classify as an important but “scattered factoid” – and a setting that needs to be “revealed”( in the religious sense). (Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade – then shalt thou count to three”…

Still trying to understand what all the hardware lines do and where they are used… obviously this is going to be handled differently than “run this script” when the final setup is documented… an GUI status/set tool would be ideal. “One from column A two from column B…” It must be down to a matrix of statements from which we can deduce:

“ IF I have an FT-8X7 on port 0 at 1200b and an IC-7000 on port 1 at 9600b,

THEN set IN1 R and to [0] and IN2 L to 10Kohm – leave the others at [0]” or some such…

I feel like I am playing the original text screen version of “D & D”…

So Dungeonmaster: to recap the questions I am still confused by:

Do I understand correctly that toggling IN1 enables 9600 b/discriminator independently on a per port basis?

IN1/IN2 R is the same as setting the audio/discriminator state for Port 0?

IN1/IN2 L  is the same as setting the audio/discriminator state for Port 0?

Understanding this up front would probably have allowed me to self-solve several of the issues…

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo