Re: Suggested pre-installed apps for the 'final' image and bugs

Art - KC7SDA

Another issue came up for me, and this stems from a repository issue but I thought I'd add it here

So, when you install xastir from apt (apt-get install xastir), it pulls a fairly old version.... which I can't get the gps to work right in it (keeps saying the data is over 30 seconds old)

I've updated my install script to deal with this, however I am now having to install at least one library from source (imagemagick) and a few other things along with my initial install.

right now here is the library support file list you need for current versions of fldigi and its suite, plus xastir:

sudo apt-get install libfltk1.3-dev libjpeg9-dev libxft-dev libxinerama-dev libxcursor-dev libsndfile1-dev libsamplerate0-dev portaudio19-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libpulse-dev libmotif-dev gpsman gpsd gpsd-clients python-gps pps-tools libgps-dev chrony -y

that will auto install all the libraries that should cover the current fldigi build, for imagemagick run the following:

sudo apt-get remove imagemagick -y
sudo apt-get build-dep imagemagick
cd ~
git clone https://github.com/imagemagick/imagemagick.git
cd ImageMagick
./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
identify -version

identify -version should kick out something like 7.0.something,

once done:

cd ~
git clone https://github.com/xastir/xastir
cd xastir
./bootstrap.sh
./configure
make
sudo make install

NOTE: when configuring any software from source always read through the summary at the end... double check that it finds everything then continue with the install, when in doubt double check the programs website and build instructions and make sure it compiled correctly

also, most ham radio software in the apt repository is severely out of date... compiling from source is recommended for fldigi and xastir. direwolf seems to be fine as.

My script for the DRAWS board is located at github.com/nouse4anick/DRAWS, its still a work in progress (I have to update the config files for fldigi and xastir, direwolf seems to work fine) however you can still use it and modify it to do quick installs when you have to update your image.

73
Art