From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On
Behalf Of Basil Gunn
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 10:47 AM
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation
#draws #ft817 #hfmodes

I've been staring at the FT-891 & 817 Yaesu manuals and discovered the
following for those 2 radios: (Warning I do not own either of these
radios)

You need to match your Yaeseu radio configuration settings with the ALSA
settings used to config DRAWS.

FT-891
------

If your radio is set for DATA (PSK) operation use ALSA settings IN2_L &
IN2_R. Turn OFF IN1_L & IN1_L

If your radio is set for RTTY (FSK) operation use ALSA settings IN1_L &
IN1_R. TURN OFF IN2_L & IN2_L

See pages page 62-66 of manual FT-891_Advance_Manual_ENG_1806-F.pdf
Yaesu mDin6 pin 4 is labeled SHIFT, this is Discout on other radios.
Also see page 25 of manual FT-891_OM_ENG_EH065H201_1611A-BO-2.pdf

FT-817/818
See page 41 FT-817ND_OM_ENG_E13771011.pdf

Different connections are used for 1200 & 9600 (AFOUT & DISCOUT)

ALSA settings
Use IN1_L IN1_R for 9600 baud (DISCOUT)
Use IN2_L IN2_R for 1200 baud or less (AFOUT)

Radio settings
Use Menu #40 (PKT RATE) to select DISCOUT or AFOUT Also Menu #39 (PKT MIC)
allows adjusting drive level.