Re: amixer questions Re: Set Up Issues #draws #setup #fldigi

Joseph Vilardo

Jack

Next issue is with getting the radio to transmit. First off, I have used Fldigi with the TM-V71 many times on vhf uhf with success using a signalink and a sound cards with simple interfaces. I noticed right of the bat that the squelch on my radio does not stop the waterfall with the DRAWS interface...what is that about? Using the alsa mixer control no value of ADC changes the waterfall appearance, it doesn't dim or get brighter with open squelch. Squelching off the signal of the radio does not stop the water fall ??? I have never seen that before. Lastly I cant key the radio and no value of Lo Drive Gain or PCM makes any difference.

Do you have any suggestions ???

Joe K3JV

On 12/23/2018 5:58 PM, Jack Spitznagel wrote:

Joe,

  1. Check to make absolutely sure that Direwolf is not running after your reboot.
  2. If it is not running, you should see PortAudio as a selectable option. Check the box.
  3. Now Select udrc: - (hw:0,0) for both capture and playback.
  4. You can also check “Device supports fell duplex” (it is in mine by default and I just left it that way)

Hope that helped.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo