Re: amixer questions Re: Set Up Issues #draws #setup #fldigi

fldigi allows you to key the radio using the gpio pin interface (12) to mini din-6 (left)

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 6:44 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

Hi Joe,

You have a radio I do not know anything about. I’m only about a week ahead of you in learning how to make DRAWS sing. I just happened to have been working with fldigi and my IC-7000 and the questions you asked were central to making fldigi work with the DRAWS hat audio device and that rig.

How did you configure fldigi to key your radio? Since you are no longer using a SignaLink, you can’t rely on the SL VOX keying circuit.  If you want to use VOX for PTT, the radio has to have a VOX function and it has to be set up and adjusted.

Only other approach I can think of is to make sure your radio can be controlled and/or keyed by flrig’s CAT control and set it up. Then set fldigi to control and key the radio using flrig. That seemed to work for me with my IC-7000 and Yaesu FT-817.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Vilardo
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 20:36
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] amixer questions Re: Set Up Issues #setup #fldigi #draws

Jack

Next issue is with getting the radio to transmit. First off, I have used Fldigi with the TM-V71 many times on vhf uhf with success using a signalink and a sound cards with simple interfaces. I noticed right of the bat that the squelch on my radio does not stop the waterfall with the DRAWS interface...what is that about? Using the alsa mixer control no value of ADC changes the waterfall appearance, it doesn't dim or get brighter with open squelch. Squelching off the signal of the radio does not stop the water fall ??? I have never seen that before. Lastly I cant key the radio and no value of Lo Drive Gain or PCM makes any difference.

Do you have any suggestions ???

Joe K3JV

On 12/23/2018 5:58 PM, Jack Spitznagel wrote:

Joe,

1. Check to make absolutely sure that Direwolf is not running after your reboot.
  2. If it is not running, you should see PortAudio as a selectable option. Check the box.
  3. Now Select udrc: - (hw:0,0) for both capture and playback.
  4. You can also check “Device supports fell duplex” (it is in mine by default and I just left it that way)

Hope that helped.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo

From: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io <udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Vilardo
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 16:49
To: udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io
Subject: Re: [udrc] amixer questions Re: Set Up Issues #setup #fldigi #draws

I am looking for some basic guidance on getting fldigi configured for VHF and UHF. I have been successful with the DRAWS Beta 5 image and running Direwolf/YAAC and now that I know the "core image" checks out and works. I rebooted the PI/DRAWS combo and shut down Direwolf and ax25 with this command sequence: cd bin, sudo su, ./ax25-disable.
I then selected fldigi from the drop down menu on the home screen of beta 5 image. When the configuration helper for fldigi comes to selecting the sound card I am left with one option and that is to select "pulseaudio" and it responds wit no pulseaudio server. It doesn't give me an option to choose udrc 0 or 1.
What do I do from here to get an audio source selected ???
Thanks
Joe K3JV

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

--
J Spitznagel
Science River LLC
KD4IZ

--

John D. Hays
Edmonds, WA
K7VE

Join udrc@nw-digital-radio.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.