Re: amixer questions Re: Set Up Issues #draws #setup #fldigi

fldigi allows you to key the radio using the gpio pin interface (12) to mini din-6 (left)

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018 at 6:44 PM Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

Hi Joe,

You have a radio I do not know anything about. I’m only about a week ahead of you in learning how to make DRAWS sing. I just happened to have been working with fldigi and my IC-7000 and the questions you asked were central to making fldigi work with the DRAWS hat audio device and that rig.

How did you configure fldigi to key your radio? Since you are no longer using a SignaLink, you can’t rely on the SL VOX keying circuit.  If you want to use VOX for PTT, the radio has to have a VOX function and it has to be set up and adjusted.

Only other approach I can think of is to make sure your radio can be controlled and/or keyed by flrig’s CAT control and set it up. Then set fldigi to control and key the radio using flrig. That seemed to work for me with my IC-7000 and Yaesu FT-817.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

KD4IZ

Jack Spitznagel

FM19oo