Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

Julian OH8STN <julian@...>

There is no wiki dedicated to getting setup/started with DRAWS and HF Digital modes. There is information on DRAWS & Packet Radio. For the HF Digital operator, the very first thing they need to do is disable AX.25. Not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but I'm trying to help everyone understand a subgroup and wiki specifically for HF Digital modes with the DRAWS, would be a very good thing to start, after the holidays.

Julian OH8STN
www.oh8stn.org
www.youtube.com/c/OH8STN

On 23 Dec 2018 20:00, John D Hays - K7VE <john@...> wrote:
There is a wiki, it needs more content. If anyone wants to offer up some content, contact me.

On Sun, Dec 23, 2018, 09:50 Julian OH8STN <julian@... wrote:
Thanks Jack
Would love to have a sked with you, perhaps during winter field day!? Yeah, regarding the DRAWS, I know my post was a little harsh, but I find leaving out the diplomacy puts everybody on the same page. It also gives confidence to others to come out and say they're having a problem as well. So, based on the comments on the two videos and the blog, I had hoped on getting the "getting started" video up after xmas. Lots of operators are counting on it for the HF digital side. I'm kind of feeling like I let them down.

Let's see what the NWDR team says about a wiki. I think it's critical, and worth it, even if it delays the end result. I'm also willing to contribute to it.