Re: FT891, FT817, Audio Levels, I/O Fail , and Documentation #draws #ft817 #hfmodes

Julian OH8STN <julian@...>

Thank you Art

Julian OH8STN
www.oh8stn.org
www.youtube.com/c/OH8STN

On 24 Dec 2018 17:53, "art upton via Groups.Io" <artupton@...> wrote:
FYI, I was able to get my FT-891 to work before a beta image was available following the script to set the mixers to HF audio out instead of DISC out.
On Beta 5, I had to run the disable ax script provided and I used the original script posted and it works. I made Fldigi contacts.

the FT-450D gets driven way too hard by any sound card interface and I could not get it to work as it was always over driven at the lowest settings.  I need like a 100k ohm resistor in the line I think.

Art

script that was posted to set to HF audio
#!/bin/bash

amixer -c udrc -s << EOF
#  Set input and output levels to 0dB
sset 'ADC Level' -2.0dB
sset 'LO Driver Gain' 0dB
sset 'PCM' 0.0dB

#  Turn on AFOUT
sset 'CM_L to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' '10 kOhm'
# original sset 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'

#  Turn on DISCOUT
sset 'CM_R to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN1_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

#  Turn off unnecessary pins
sset 'IN1_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN1_R to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
# original sset 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
# original sset 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'
sset 'IN2_L to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' '10 kOhm'

sset 'IN2_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN2_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_L to Left Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_L to Right Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_R to Left Mixer Negative Resistor' 'Off'
sset 'IN3_R to Right Mixer Positive Resistor' 'Off'

sset 'Mic PGA' off
sset 'PGA Level' 0

# Disable and clear AGC
sset 'ADCFGA Right Mute' off