Re: Cant turn off direwolf and ax25 #draws #direwolf #ax25 #configuration #management

Jack Spitznagel

Stand corrected.Still a lot to learn (and relearn) since I last looked at this about 25 years ago.
Jack

On Dec 26, 2018, at 03:22, Steve Stroh <steve.stroh@...> wrote:

Jack:

AX.25 isn’t needed for Net-44... that’s a TCP/IP function.

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 22:49 Basil Gunn <basil@...> wrote:

Art - KC7SDA <nouse4anick@...> writes:

> as an fyi you don't NEED ax25 to run direwolf, I never installed the
> AX.25 stack on any of my ham computers and I can still run direwolf
> and xastir perfectly fine

As another FYI you do NEED AX.25 for Winlink on the RPi, paclink-unix &
Linux RMS Gateway, also the BBS. Also it is much easier with more
capability to use the ax.25 beacon command then to APRS beacon with
direwolf.

Steve Stroh (personal / general): stevestroh@...

--
J Spitznagel