Setting up auto time with draws gps #ntp #chrony #gps #clock #battery

Bob Orrett <boborrett@...>

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas,
This has most likely been covered before but I can't find it. How do I get the system time to automatically set from the draws gps at bootup without internet connection.
I enter "cgps -s" in the terminal window and the time sets after about 30 seconds for reasons that escape me. There must be a way to have this done automatically.
    I expect you can tell that I am a newbie to RPi and linux so I need clear simple  step by step instructions. Please do not assume I will understand linux jargon. Someday I hope to be there but I am not there yet.  I dont mean to sound rude, I just dont want anyone to waste their time on me because they are afraid of insulting my intelligence.  Go ahead, insult me.
Bob ve3obo