Re: Status: IC-7000 Audio Levels for V/UHF and HF modes #draws #hfmodes #ic7000

art upton <artupton@...>

Hi Jack, the ft-450D is the new version and it has the same issues of being over driven.  Tigertronics used to have you put a resistor inside the signal link box to cure it on the audio out line. But they no-longer have that mod on their website. Folks were ruining the socket inside. I have one Signal Link that I have soldered the mod inside it, as over many years or reconfiguring for different radios with resistor and wire jumpers, I ruined the socket. Now I have 2 signal links and 2 Yaesu SCU17s which add CAT control lines as well.

Art K8XG

On Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 10:01:00 AM EST, Jack Spitznagel <kd4iz@...> wrote:

Basil,

Found what I thought I remembered about IC-7000 data port sensitivity in the
SignaLink FAQ at www.tigertronics.com. Obviously this will have an impact on
DRAWS setup and operation with the IC-746Pro and the FT-450 as well.
Naturally, older radios will get pressed into field service - these just
happen to be commonly available and are "shelf spares" in quite a few
shacks. I am going to see if I can find more about the solutions to this
problem:

"ATTENTION IC-7000, IC-746PRO and FT-450 Users - Some customers have
reported that these radios have unusually sensitive Data Ports, which can
make adjustment of the SignaLink's TX knob somewhat difficult.  If this is
the case with your radio, then *you should find that the procedure above
where you install jumper JP4 and lower the Wave volume control resolves the
issue*.  However, you may also need to turn the radio's RF Power menu
setting down for better control.  A power setting of 35 to 45 watts usually
works well for 25 to 35 watts of actual RF output as measured on a watt
meter, or the radios Power Output meter. "

Jack - KD4IZ