Re: Cant turn off direwolf and ax25 #draws #direwolf #ax25 #configuration #management

Art - KC7SDA

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 09:32 PM, Jack Spitznagel wrote:

Art,

My experience as well, except when one might want to setup tunnel connection as part of the ampr.net (“44.” Net). I plan to be doing that with some DRAWS functions. I thought that was a big deal out there in the PacNW.

Jack – kd4iz

So, in the majority of whatcom county, from my understanding almost everything is handled via fsq, I think a few other modes are used for transmitting data however I don't think ampr (44 net) is used as much (or at least i've not seen it in any discussions on the MT Baker digital group).

also, the thing to keep in mind is that not everyone is going to use this board in the same way (I don't ever think i'm going to do an rms gateway or winlink on my setup), it might be a good idea to do groups for what people want to do (ie aprs with fldigi for example, or aprs with winlink and rms gateway and bbs)... this way people who want to only do a few things (like aprs and fldigi) don't have to wade through the more in depth/specialized options (ax.25/rms/winlink/etc) that they probably will never need or want