Re: Unable to resolve hostname with RPi Draws

Basil Gunn

I think I screwed up during installation of draws beta 6. At one point
I was asked for a hostname. So I made one up and entered "bobspi". Now
I am often getting

"sudo: unable to resolve host bobspi"
Usually get this symptom if you set the hostname then do not do a
reboot. See instructions here:
https://nw-digital-radio.groups.io/g/udrc/wiki/DRAWS%3A-Getting-Started
Note the "Now reboot your RPi" after you run ./app_config.sh core

What do you get when you run:

hostname

if you do not get 'bobspi' then reboot & type: hostname again.

when I enter commands in the terminal. I am not sure what problems
this may be causing but I have been unsuccessful at getting gpsd to
set my system time after a reboot and this host name problem may be
the cause. I dont know. Do I need to fix this? How do I fix this?
as root run:
chronyc makestep

Then send me the output of:
cd